We all love wide mixes and stereo width plugins can help a lot. But which are the best stereo width VST plugins available? Let’s find out below in both free and paid format.
Need some width for your background vocals? Want to make a lead guitar or synth sound larger than life? MicroShift gives you three different flavours of a classic stereo widening trick at the push of a button. It uses a special recipe of pitch shifting, and delay that varies over time, to create rich stereo width. It’s incredibly simple to use and perfect for spicing up important instruments, or for blending background vocals subtly into a mix.
- Widen vocals, lead guitars, synths and more
- Get big sounds fast with a clean, simple interface
- Put the spotlight on important instruments, or blend them into the background
- Select from 3 different flavours of widening based on sought-after hardware
- Add width to a specific frequency range with the Focus knob
- Control the Detune amount and Delay range of the effect
Achieve the stunning stereo your mix deserves. StereoSavage provides an innovative stereo toolbox, combining tried and tested studio techniques with emulations of modern and classic tools that will bring your mix to life.
Generate stereo from mono with the ‘Vox’, ‘Delay’, ‘Expand’ and ‘Split’ programs. Place sounds precisely in the stereo field with the ‘Width’, ‘Pan’ and ‘Rotation’ adjustment tools. Create movement and chorus-like effects with the ‘LFO’ function, and retain a solid low end with the adjustable ‘Bass Bypass’ tool.
StereoSavage includes all of these features in a single plugin for the first time, offering the flexibility to enhance your track with dramatic effects, or add the perfect subtle finishing touches.
- Create stereo from mono sources for richer soundscapes.
- Control the placement and width of stereo sources. Separate instruments within the stereo field.
- Use the rotation effect for an incredibly natural sounding pan.
- Get lush wide vocals in seconds.
- Quick simple controls for achieving a ‘big sound’.
- Add motion and excitement with modulation.
- Retain great mono compatibility with the bass bypass feature.
- Reduce the number of vocal takes required for rich, tight, backing vocals.
After the soaring success of our MSW1 single band mono maker and stereo expander, SoundSpot decided it was time to give this hugely popular plugin a new lease of life. With that in mind, they started the development of the MSW2.
The new MSW2 is a complete overhaul in terms of code, interface & creativity, it can be used both subtly for better mixes, or pushed to the extreme to achieve a host of creative possibilities in the stereo field.
- Intuitive, easy to navigate user interface.
- Designed to work flawlessly with touch controllers such as the Raven by Slate Media.
- Advanced Fourier Transform Stereo Analysis
- 2 Band Stereo Enhancement
- 2 Band Mono Collapse
- 2 Band Variable Slope Crossover network (12dB, 24dB, 48dB and 96dB per octave)
- 2 Band Creative LFO
Panning sound is key in mixing and sound placement, but amplitude is only part of how humans determine the direction of sound. The Haas effect targets another mechanism that detects small differences in time between left and right to position sound.
Bottom line, it brings stereo width to sounds where there previously was none. Simple as that.
Best-selling Sound Design label Singomakers and REZONE (artist of Ultra Music, Mixmash, Big & Dirty, Skint, Toolroom) are very proud to present their first VST/AU plugin Magic Stereo.
Expand the stereo image of elements in your track with this professional stereo imaging tool. With it’s simple intuitive controls Magic Stereo offers wide to super wide spatial widening without losing anything within the mono signal.
Newly updated for 2019 with immersive, fluid visuals, full resizability, and a smooth new Stereoize mode, this free plug-in offers a wider world of possibilities for imaging in your mix.
Control the width of any track, perfect for making super-wide sounds or creating narrow, mono-like sources. Make your pianos, synths, and cymbals fill up your stereo image, or tighten up your low end by narrowing bass and kick drums!
Wider takes the massively popular stereo section from its sibling, Manipulator, and creates the illusion of an expanded stereo image of a mono signal to an awe-inspiring amount of width. However, Wider is a unique stereo plugin in the sense that it is completely “mono-compatible”, meaning that any signal that has been extended will always remain in phase with itself, even if summed to mono.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission.”