Finding the best gate VST plugin for your project may not be an easy task. Well, it is now! We bring you below the best gate plugins, free and paid.
MRhythmizer is a unique time manipulation effect that uses an integrated sequencer to control time, volume and filters. From gating to glitching, repeating to scratching, all with stunning audio quality. MRhythmizer brings your music to life, so say goodbye to boring audio performances!
- 36 available sequences for time, 36 available sequences for volume and 36 available sequences for filter – each sequence can be up to 64 quarter notes long and automatically synchronize with the song, time sequences can look up to 8 quarter notes into the past.
- Controllable via MIDI, modulation and automation – switch between sequences using the controller you like the most, whether it is MIDI keyboard, MIDI pad-type controller or even if you like to automate it in your host. You can even attach it to a modulator so that it switches automatically!
- Scratching slider – whenever you like to add some scratches, it is as easy as moving a slider.
- 4 global modulators – in each instance you can have up to 4 fully-featured modulators that can modulate any set of parameters including other modulators! In this way, you can make the sound move in time, be less static and more interesting. Each modulator works as LFO, follower, midi/audio triggered ADSR envelopes, a pitch detector or even a combination.
- Up to 8 channels surround processing – MeldaProduction plugins can handle not only mono and stereo signals but also up to 8 channels of surround audio, making them ideal for audio production for movies, games etc.
- Sinc interpolation and high-quality upsampling – MRhythmizer implements the most advanced technologies to provide the best audio quality.
- Extremely advanced and easy-to-use user interface – MeldaProduction products are always designed to enhance the workflow. You can easily change all values, fine-tune each control in multiple ways. Easy orientation in a standardized GUI, textual editing and smooth visualization with almost unlimited zooming are standard in all MeldaProduction plugins. Moreover, MeldaProduction plugins are the world first (and still the only ones), which support resizable and stylable GUI’s
- Automatic synchronization to host tempo – every oscillator and modulator in the plugin can automatically synchronize to the host providing as natural a sound as possible while not offending other tracks.
- MIDI controllers with MIDI learn – you can map any parameter to any MIDI controller or MIDI keyboard and control it in real-time or record and automate it.
- Very fast, optimized for SSE and SSE2 processors.
- Global preset management and online preset exchange – using a title button you can save your settings (which are shared on the computer) so you can easily access these in other songs. Moreover, all plugins can automatically share your presets and download presets of other users from MeldaProduction’s servers (if this feature is enabled).
Gatekeeper Gate by Polyverse (Paid)
Gatekeeper is the cutting edge of volume modulation. Capable of sample-fast transitions and equipped with a unique variable smoothing algorithm, Gatekeeper allows for drastic, punchy gating and sequencing while keeping the output smooth. Breathe new life into your audio with the most basic, yet impactful way: silence.
Gatekeeper can now send MIDI CC data, giving it the ability to control parameters in other plugins.
- Sample fast and precise volume modulation
- Expressive and fun envelope drawing tools
- Boost and clip features for extra punch
- Smoothing algorithm to eliminate clicks and pops
- 8 independent volume envelopes
- Fully customizable midi-triggering
- Panning tools
- Tempo mapped looping
- CV output for Modular synths
- Hundreds of presets
What if ___ _____ easily chop up ____ __ the sound __ _ rhythmical pattern?
Well now you can! Trance gate is a gate sequencer which quickly adds a rhyth to a pad or lead, chops up a beat or adds more staccato to an arpeggio.
The world of anthem trance lies at your feet!
poltergate Gate by denise (Paid)
Shape live drums, samples or any source you like in a swift, creative and intuitive way. Achieve better noise reduction, instrument separation and de-bleeding in a plugin optimised for power, fast results and creativity.
- Built-in Sidechain EQ Graph – Detection of the signal in maximum detail.
- Transient Design, Gating and De-Bleeding in One – New possibilities and time-saving.
- Spike Control – Unique feature to detect transients more easily.
- Presets – Perfect to get you going.
- Transparent Clipper – Shape & colour to make your sound extra thick.
- Unique De-Bleeder Algorithm – Bleed shall not pass with these 3 simple controls.
- Audition Mode – Listen isolated to what’s being gated.
- Flip – Reverse gate to hear what’s left out of the signal.
Oxford Drum Gate by Sonnox (Paid)
Have you become frustrated with the results of unreliable drum gating using traditional tools; chatter, misdetection, choked or lost ghost notes? Are you tired of overly complex and manual workflows?
Then meet the new Oxford Drum Gate; it’s swift and logical workflow solves these problems and delivers the fastest, most musical and transparent results available. At the heart of the Drum Gate is intelligent drum-hit detection. First, the Plug-In detects them all with tailor-made transient detection. Then, you simply decide which ones to keep.
- Precise transient detection and intelligent drum-type matching to effortlessly separate the hits you want to keep from the spill you don’t.
- Create custom drum profiles to isolate unusual drum types or fix the occasional kick, snare, or tom mismatch.
- A decay curve that adapts to the velocity of each drum hit, giving you consistent spill reduction on dynamic performances.
- The Spectral decay editor lets you preserve the resonance, ring, or rattle of each drum hit while quickly clamping down on the spill.
- The leveller’s dual-target and amount controls let you improve level consistency without losing the contrast between loud hits and soft ghost notes.
- Real-time MIDI output and MIDI file capture, for accurately triggering drum samples.
Gatelab Gate by Audiomodern (Free)
Gatelab is a Creative Gate Sequencer, Volume Modulation Generator and Beyond.
You can choose from a variety of randomization modes, density values, Flow or Gate mode and Built-in presets.
Gatelab randomizes a unique combination of parameters and is delivering ever-evolving patterns and endless rhythmic effects.
- Generate Gate Sequences in real-time
- Syncs to Host tempo
- Wet / Dry mix control
- MIDI Controllable
- Infinity Mode
- Quick Load presets
- Instant / Tap Bypass for live performance
- Gate / Flow modes
- Disintegration & Grow modes
- Customizable Sequence Range
- MIDI Output
- No Two Patterns will ever be the same
Ssshh…. Be silence. Nobody likes unwanted noises from their sound. Especially the dreaded distorted noise. This noise gate unit was a basic feature on Kuassa Amplifikation Series. This improved version is now available as a standalone device. With a twist..
- Smooth and precise noise gating effect via 3 knobs
- Useful dual-mono mode
- Bypass switch button
“Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission.”