Which are the best flanger VST plugins available? We have the answer for you. We’ve selected the best flanger plugins (free & paid).
Electric Matter is a faithful simulation of the Electro-Harmonix® Deluxe Electric Mistress™, a late 70’s BBD flanger and filter matrix pedal.
This flanger, featuring a Reticon SAD1024 BBD chip, has been used by countless artists for either subtle, to make leads dreamy and divine, or more prominent to emulate Leslie rotors.
Compared to the classic version, the Deluxe models feature a different LFO and VCO circuit, leading to a wider range of settings.
Electric Matter goes further by fixing the tone sucking and volume drop often related to these hardware units.
- BBD Analog Flanger Simulation
- Color, Range and Rate Controls
- Filter Matrix Mode
- Tempo Sync
- Pre and Post Effect Gain
- Mix Control
- Resizable Interface
From the mind of legendary audio equipment designer Paul Wolff comes the new Fix Flanger and Fix Doubler. They take the legacy and sound of classic flanging and vocal doubling of the 1960s, but with all the benefits of the digital world.
- Fix Flanger delivers the sound of classic flanging, with extreme control and flexibility
- Unprecedented hands-on VSO flange control, with servo motor bounce emulation
- Fix Doubler provides lush chorus and rich textures to your vocals
- ‘Auto Double’ uses a unique method of accurate phase-cancellation to make a natural sounding doubler effect
- No USB iLok key required
In bringing the classic stompbox back to life, D16 have created a must-have effect plugin that will appeal not only to performing guitarists but to instrumentalists and producers of virtually any genre: whether it’s rock guitar riffs or melodic synth lines you’re into, you’ll find that the extreme attention to sonic detail coupled with the flexibility afforded by modern technology in Antresol make it the perfect example of what a flanger should be in the modern era. The original, conceived in the mid-70s, quickly became a benchmark for flanger-type effects by offering a uniquely rich character defined by luxuriously harmonious interacting resonances and has been heard ever since on countless classic recordings. That’s why D16 couldn’t resist the opportunity to resurrect the soul of this classic in a thoroughly modern incarnation with Antresol, D16’s newest effect in the SilverLine Collection!
- True emulation of BBD based analogue delay line
- Optional independent parameter control for each stereo channel
- Selectable L/R or M/S stereo processing modes
- Mistress mode allows the whole unit to work the same as the classic flanger
- LFO can be synchronized with your host application
- 3 different LFO-to-BBD clock curves
- Ultra-low-aliasing output
- A highly musical and pleasant sound
- Tag-based browser
- Two alternative GUI sizes
- MIDI-learn functionality throughout
- 64bit internal processing
BLEASS Flanger by BLEASS (Paid)
BLEASS Flanger is a rich sounding flanging effect offering a wide range of synchronised modulations which colours sound in a novel and unique way thanks to its complex algorithmic combinations.
This Flanger offers three stages of modulation as well as two LFOs, combined offering great sonic versatility – from classic sine flanger sounds to crazy rhythmic modulations courtesy of its 6 different LFO shapes.
The ability to easily synchronize the flanging effect with the beat makes it ideal to bring subtle flanging variations while evolving harmoniously with a song’s dynamics.
BLEASS’ customary interface design makes for a smooth and efficient UI with clear visual feedback, increasing the enjoyment and playability of sound designing. As with other BLEASS plugins, BLEASS Flanger is very low on CPU usage and works in all compatible hosts & DAWs.
Eternal by Sinevibes is a barber-pole flanger effect. Unlike a traditional flanger which typically has its tone repeatedly go up and down, this is a flanger that goes upwards or downwards in a seemingly endless fashion. To accomplish this unique “barber-pole” effect, Eternal uses an array of three stereo flangers and six bespoke, thoroughly calibrated low-frequency oscillators. And since these oscillators have a “through-zero” design, it allows Eternal to seamlessly go from downwards to upwards motion and back at your fancy. With two distinct flanger tones thanks to positive or negative feedback, this plugin puts a whole arsenal of unique airy, bubbly and even psychedelic effects in your hands.
- Triple-layer flanger engine with positive or negative feedback
- Multi-output, through-zero modulation generator with variable stereo phase offset
- Low-cut filter to ensure stable operation even at the most extreme settings
- Lag filters on all continuous parameters for smooth, click-free adjustment
- Supports mono › mono, mono › stereo, and stereo › stereo channel configurations
Very famous during the ’70s and ’80s, the Flanger effect can be used on almost any audio track: on drums, voices synths or guitars, from a subtle effect to a deep alien-like voice effect, enjoy it! Despite its simple user interface, Blue Cat’s Flanger is very versatile: harsh and metallic or smooth and soft filtering effects, it can do them all, for free!
The stereo version also lets you smoothly transform it into a stereo flanging effect with a single knob. Push the “Spread” slider and hear the difference: the effect is turning around your head, and the sound takes another dimension, spread into the stereo field.
- Vintage flanger effect
- Stereo spread control
- Sine or triangle LFO shapes
- In or out of phase feedforward and feedback paths
- Full MIDI control and automation support with silent, zipper-free parameters update, advanced response control and MIDI Learn
- No CPU load on idle: when the plug-in is fed with silence, the processing smoothly shuts down, to optimize the CPU usage of your Digital Audio Workstation
- Skinnable and customizable user interface with transparency management
- Smooth Bypass: activate/deactivate the plug-in with absolutely no noise
- Full-featured integrated presets manager
- Any sample rate supported
TAL-Flanger by TAL Software (Free)
TAL-Flanger is a easy to tweak stereo flanger effect with its own special sound and some asymmetric analog like components in the feedback corner. Useful for a wide range of flanger effects from subtle to extreme.
“Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission.”